NEW

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Today was a brand new day.  Today was special because there has never been a day like it in history, nor will there ever be. It was a brand new day to learn, love, make mistakes, feel emotions, work hard and play hard. It was another new opportunity to be the best and the worst version of myself. Today was my last day home because from tomorrow, I will be an international item.

My favourite thing about celebrating the new year is that it brings hope and energetic buzz, even when some things around us look the same and bleak. For the first time in a very long time, I am optimistic, excited and hopeful about what is in store in this new season. There is a maturity happening in my spiritual life, I see the changes it is making in my heart and mind step by step. There are new ways I am learning to be a better friend. There are new relationships forming in my life, and I am not afraid to be vulnerable and honest. The rest of the year is about to become busy as I immerse myself in a new culture, meet new people, and expand my knowledge base.

As much as I am excited for the new, I have also been reflecting on the past. As one who used to hold on tightly to things that were, I have learned to open my hands and my heart so they can be free to learn how to receive. There are people, goals, relationships and attitudes that no longer served me and I had to let them go, even though it was difficult. Every fear and failure in my life has taught me how to be more confident and brave. Every test has shown me how strong I am, even when I don't feel like it. Every humbling moment has taught me the importance of accountability.

2020 is the year for being better, doing better and living better. There is no room for trying or doubt, it's just about action. Because even if I fail, doesn't that make the story better?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW BEGINNINGS. AGAIN.

ANXIETY vs AMBITION

NEW BEGINNINGS